Coroner Says Amy Winehouse Died of “Alcohol Poisoning”

| October 26, 2011 | 0 Comments

According to USA Today, British coroner, Suzanne Greenway announced today that Amy Winehouse who tragically passed this past July died of accidental alcohol poisoning. “The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels (of alcohol) was her sudden and unexpected death,” said Greenway. The singer who was found in her London home on July 23, started drinking again after a period of abstinence claims Winehouse’s doctor Christina Romete. Although Romete had prescribed drugs to help Winehouse deal with her alcohol withdrawal symptoms, Corner Greenway said the drugs played no role in her death.

The Winehouse family spokesman Chris Goodman said that Winehouse’s family is relieved to finally “find out what happened to Amy.” “The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time,” said Goodman.

Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopEnqMag

Tags: ,

Category: Latest Hip Hop News

About the Author ()

Leave a Reply