E-Mail Claims New Information In The Murder of 17-Year Old Kendrick Johnson [Video]

Kendrick Johnson Second Autopsy Photo

The murder of Kendrick Johnson has a new lead as there now appears to have been an e-mail by one of his classmates claiming information on the murder of the teen.  As previously reported, the basketball and football standout was found rolled up in a wrestling mat upside down inside the gym of Lowndes High School in Valdosta, Georgia where he attended on January 11, 2013.

Lowndes County sheriff’s investigators previously stated  that Johnson fell into the center of the mats accidentally reaching for his shoe claiming he died because blood rushed to his head after being in an upside down position for too long.  Lowndes County’s Sheriff Prine also concluded that it was an accidental homicide and “no foul play” was involved.  However, authorities failed to mention how young Kendrick also wound up with lacerations on his face and body. Was this an intentional cover-up or just poor police work?

Johnson’s parents and many others rightfully believed that their son was murdered.  It was also believed that there may have been a cover up and that someone related to a member of the sheriff’s department could have been involved.

Well new revelations could hold some parts to that theory true  as evidence has surfaced that an e-mail was sent and a former classmate admitted to the murder.  CNN reports,

 A Lowndes County, Georgia, assistant district attorney has ordered a communications company to hand over Internet records after investigators received an anonymous e-mail claiming an ex-schoolmate reportedly confessed to killing Kendrick Johnson.

CNN obtained the e-mail and the subpoena on Monday, in response to a state Open Records Act request submitted to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office.

The anonymous e-mail tip is dated January 27. The sender of the e-mail does not suggest he or she personally witnessed a confession; instead, the sender claims to have been told information by somebody who purportedly was aware of a confession in the 2013 death by one of the people implicated in the e-mail.

According to an incident report provided to CNN by the sheriff’s office, investigators interviewed two of four students identified by name in the anonymous e-mail on January 28.

Both students acknowledged they knew the 17-year-old Johnson but denied any involvement in his death.

The incident report does not indicate whether the investigators attempted to speak with the two other students identified in the e-mail.

CNN is not naming the students mentioned in the e-mail because none of them has been named a suspect in the death of Johnson.

The sheriff’s office has received many public comments regarding Johnson’s death since it closed its case on May 2. The grand jury subpoena is the first document provided to CNN that suggests the department has acted on any of those public comments.

kendrick johnson

“Although our case has been closed, if evidence comes forward, specifically testimony, then we’re open to hearing that and certainly we’ll act accordingly,” Lt. Jones said.

Chief Assistant District Attorney Bradfield Shealy issued the subpoena to Mediacom Communications Corporation on January 28. The New York-based cable, phone and Internet provider was ordered to provide the Lowndes County grand jury with subscriber information associated with the e-mail sent through the Lowndes County sheriff’s office’s website or submit the documents to the district attorney’s office or Lt. Jones before February 26.

According to a Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office incident report, the subpoena was faxed to Mediacom on February 7. The company intends to comply with the order. However, a Mediacom employee told CNN by phone Wednesday that Mediacom has not received the subpoena.

Last week, students from Lowndes High School and nearby Valdosta High School were among those who appeared before a federal grand jury in Macon, as part of the Department of Justice’s investigation into Johnson’s death. The U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Georgia, Michael Moore, launched the federal probe October 31.

Hopefully Kendrick Johnson will be able to rest in peace if his killer or killers are brought to justice because its clear that the sheriff’s department wasn’t playing fair until the Feds became involved.

Kendrick Johnson Second Autopsy Photo 2

 Follow us on Twitter@HipHopEnquirer and Michael “Ice-Blue” Harris @IceBlueVA

Tags:

Category: Breaking News, Crime Stories, Latest Hip Hop News

About the Author ()

Leave a Reply