Jay-Z Wants the Shirt Off Your Back…So You Can Wear His!

| November 13, 2011 | 0 Comments

Jay-Z's "Occupy All Streets' t-shirts

It’s bad enough that the nasty old 1%-ers won’t share any of their wealth with the rest of us 99% peons, but one of their own was trying to profit off of the little people making a big impact. Icon and hip hop mogul Jay-Z‘s clothing company Rocawear recently came under fire for their “Occupy All Streets” t-shirt line.

Apparently, some people felt that it was in poor taste to not only capitalize off of the national movement but to add insult to injury none of the proceeds would go towards the individuals on the front line of the cause. The shirts which were sold exclusively on the Rocawear website have since been removed. The hip hop geared clothing company have also released a statement about the ordeal.

Jay-Z who is expecting his first child (depending on which rumors you listen to) and wife Beyonce is currently on tour with Watch the Throne collaborator Kanye West.

Russell Simmons & Jay-Z

Follow us on Twitter! @HipHopEnqMag

Facebook Comments

Comments

comments

Tags:

Category: Latest Hip Hop News, Politics

About the Author ()

Hip Hop Historian and accomplished photo journalist

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: